Aurora provides Phlebotomy Training programs at our West Allis Medical Center, allowing you to receive the training needed to provide quality care for patients in a variety of settings. In addition to classroom time, you'll participate in live clinical days, allowing you to receive hands-on experience and an in-person look into what the phlebotomy position entails.
- Program participants will be hired on as an Aurora team member and will be paid for all class time. There is no program or application fee.
- Classes are offered throughout the year, with specific application deadlines. The course lasts 10 days and is 80 hours long, with class times from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., weekdays only.
- Perfect Attendance is required for successful completion of the class.
- Class participants must pass Pre-Employment Physical and Drug Screen checks as well as mandatory Criminal and caregiver Background checks for the state of Wisconsin, as well as applicable out-of-state checks.
- The class is taught at our West Allis Medical Center, but candidates can work at any location after the class concludes – provided there are openings available.
- To submit an application, visit the Job Search tab and search the keyword "phlebotomist trainee." The jobs will only be posted during the dates listed below.
- Submitting an application does not automatically guarantee a spot in the class. All application elements will be reviewed and the top chosen applicants will be invited for a personal interview.
- Due to limited spots, the most qualified applicants will be selected for admission into the class.
- Applicants will be notified of their acceptance into the program by phone no later than three weeks before the class starts.
- While it is not a requirement of the class, we do give preference to candidates who are interested in and available for year-round, full or part-time employment with Aurora Health Care upon successful completion of the class.
- Future class dates are subject to change. We will be reinstating this class when it is safe to do so. It would be best to monitor our website for the most up to date information.
Class Dates & Application Deadlines
All classes are at Aurora West Allis Medical Center. Dates may be subject to change.
||APPLICATION POSTING & DEADLINE
|August 3 - 14
|| June 12 - 15
|September 14 - 25
|| July 24 - 27
|October 5 - 16
|| August 14 - 17
|November 2 - 13
|| September 11 - 14
| Nov 30 - Dec 11
|| October 9 - 12