Training Opportunities at Aurora Health Care
- Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center School of Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center School of Radiologic Technology
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Aurora Medical Center Summit – CNA Training Program
CNA training is available at several Aurora facilities. Please contact us for information on classes at Aurora Grafton Medical Center, Aurora Medical Center Summit and Aurora Oshkosh Medical Center.
Milwaukee-area CNA class highlights
- The class fees are $600 for the class and $115 for the testing fee. The fees are due on the first day of class.
- The course lasts 15 days and is 120 hours long, per requirements of State Statute DHS 129. Class times are 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., week days only
- The classroom portion will be held at the Aurora Parkway Building, Milwaukee
- Five (5) clinical days will be held at Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center, Milwaukee
- Perfect Attendance is REQUIRED for successful completion of the class and to be eligible to take the State of Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry Exam
- During the first two weeks of training participants can expect to have homework most nights. This can be as much as 2 to 3 hours per night. Failure to complete the required reading and worksheets will significantly affect classroom and clinical success.
- Participants should plan to attend a blood pressure class from 7:30 a.m. until 9:00 a.m. on the day following the last class day.
Appearance Policy Information:
- CNA course participants will be required to wear scrubs on all clinical days.
- Participants may wear business casual attire during classroom days.
- Visible tattoos must be covered at all times
- Aside from stud earrings, jewelry may not be worn in any visible body piercings
- Hair must be of a natural color
- Artificial fingernails may not be worn. Natural nail tips must be kept less than ½ inch long
- The application deadlines are listed in the table below. No late applications will be accepted.
- I will consider your application for the next class after it's received.
- Please note – submitting an application does not automatically guarantee you a spot in the class. We need to review all applications submitted and the top chosen applicants will be invited for a personal interview.
- While it is not a requirement of the class, we do give preference to candidates who are interested in and available for year-round, full or part-time employment with Aurora Health Care upon successful completion of the class.
- Our May, July, and December classes are especially popular with local nursing students who are unable to attend during the school year, so preference may be given to them.
- Those applicants not chosen for the summer and holiday classes will be considered for training during the school-year if their schedules allow for it.
Process for external participants (not currently employed by Aurora):
Download Application (PDF, 380kb).
Applications are to be submitted to Kristin Buechel in one of the following ways:
- In person (during our regular office hours of 7:30am – 4:30pm) or by mail to:
Talent Acquisition Department (Attn: Kristin Buechel)
Forest Home Business Center
3307 West. Forest Home Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53215
- By fax 414-671-8111 (Attn: Kristin Buechel)
- By email to – CNAClassApplicants@aurora.org
- Please indicate which class dates you are interested in on the application.
Process for Internal Caregivers (currently employed by Aurora):
- Login to Caregiver Connect
- Access My HR Navigator
- Click the My Career link→Apply online
- In the Keywords box search for "CNA Training Course"
- Apply to the position
- Once you have successfully applied, the recruiter will review your application and reach out to qualified candidates.
- Important: Internal Caregivers do not submit a paper application; all applications must be submitted through My HR Connection to be considered.
- Any caregiver who is looking to be cross trained (stay in current position and take on additional CNA responsibilities), will need to speak to your current Supervisor/Manager to discuss and then your Manager/Supervisor should reach out to Kristin Buechel to discuss options.
|CLASS DATE||APPLICATION DEADLINE*|
|September 5th – September 25th||July 14th, 2017|
|October 24th – November 13th||September 8th, 2017|
|December 19th – January 15th||Due to the volume of applications received for this class, applications will only be accepted between: Sept 18th, 2017 and Oct 27th, 2017|
|*Applications are due by 4:00 pm on the designated application date. Any applications received after the deadline will be considered for the next class.|
All application elements will be reviewed and the top chosen applicants will be invited for a personal interview. Factors considered in determining placement into the nursing assistant training class are:
- Applicant response to interview questions
- Academic achievement
- Employment history
- Knowledge of healthcare and the Nursing Assistant role
- Compliance with all application requirements
- Perceived communication skills, motivation, ability to follow instructions and ability to provide passionate patient care
- The ability to pass the math assessment
The most qualified applicants will be selected for admission into the class.
Applicants will be notified of their acceptance into the Nursing Assistant Training class by phone approximately three weeks before the class starts.
Those offered a space in the class must submit to mandatory criminal and caregiver background checks for the state of Wisconsin as well as applicable out-of-state checks.
Class participants are responsible for providing the following documentation if accepted into the class:
- MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) vaccination – Proof of 1 MMR or a positive titer
- Hepatitis B series – You may decline by a form or submit proof of the immunization
- Negative TB skin test or a QuantiFERON blood test for TB
- Current influenza vaccination, only for classes during flu season - October through March.
(There is an exception process for those with a nationally accepted, documented, medical contraindication or religious belief.
Vaccinations completed in Wisconsin may be found by using: https://www.dhfswir.org/PR/clientDisplay.do
We maintain a smoke-free environment at all of our locations.