Conditions of employment for physicians
As a member of the Aurora Medical Staff you will be required to adhere to our predefined conditions of employment. They include:
- An unrestricted license to practice medicine in either Wisconsin or Illinois, depending upon in which state you were offered a position
- An unlimited DEA registration
- Acquiring and maintaining hospital staff membership or privileges as required by your employment agreement
- Acquiring and maintaining HMO/PPO/IPA as required in the employment agreement
- Effective malpractice insurance through the Aurora policy
- Board eligibility and/or certification with a recognized board (i.e. ABMS or Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons)
- Satisfaction of all immigration and other legal requirements necessary for unrestricted employment
- Completion of an Aurora Health Care employment application
- Successful completion and passing of the pre-employment drug screen
- What can I expect for my drug screen?
A urine drug test will be conducted as part of your pre-employment health screening. You will need to provide a sufficient urine sample on site at one of our Occupational Health clinics.
- Successful completion and passing of the pre-employment physical examination
- What can I expect for my physical?
A pre-placement health screening will be conducted on the following items: physical, vision, tuberculosis, vaccination history and influenza.
- Annual influenza vaccine
- What does this mean for me?
As an integral part of our wellness program, Aurora requires all caregivers to receive the annual flu vaccination as a condition of employment. This helps to ensure that we are doing all we can to help our patients and each other live well, and to protect everyone's health and safety. This policy applies to all Aurora personnel, including caregivers, employed physicians, volunteers, all contracted personnel, and students and trainees in any setting. There is an exception process for those caregivers with a nationally accepted, documented, medical contraindication or religious belief.
- A minimum of three references obtained from previous employers and supervisors
- What do I need for references?
As part of our commitment to hire the best caregivers that will place the patients at the center of all that we do, we will check your work history. If you are chosen to be considered further, you will be required to submit a minimum of three reference contacts, including email addresses from your current/previous employers. No personal references will be accepted. You will be notified when to submit your reference contacts at the appropriate time, so please be prepared to submit this information.
- Completion and satisfaction of the Criminal Background Check
- What do I need for the required criminal background check?
As a health care organization, we are required by state law to complete a criminal background check on all potential Aurora Health Care caregivers. Also, during the credentialing/privileging process you will be asked to complete a Background Information Disclosure (BID) form. This form is required by the state to allow us to run the background check. You should be prepared with information and dates of charges or convictions, including any that are pending, that will report on your background check, as this will be needed to complete the BID.